Friday, November 06, 2015

Tanuki Raw, Orchard Central Singapore

I were at Singapore again last week for some restaurant hopping and catching up with my BFF, Sean. It was a fruitful trip as I managed to sample some delicious food plus catching up with old friend. Singapore is so near to Malaysia that you basically can fly there every week :P

Orchard Central is quite a new shopping mall along Orchard road in Singapore. My bff brought me to this delicious Japanese place called Tanuki Raw. They served fresh and premium Japanese food where they take their raw food seriously and heavenly I would say.

They have indoor and outdoor seating and we were at the outdoor sofa seating as there's ample light for an Instagram worthy picture. Another reason I love this place is that they do have 'lunch menu' or what we called 'lunch set' here on weekend. A lunch set on weekend? I rarely see that back in my own country - normal lunch set are only valid for Monday to Friday.


Their affordable lunch menu starts from 12SGD is available daily from 11.30am to 3pm. And you can opt for a complete set of drinks, salad and miso soup at 2SGD (if I'm not mistaken - or is it 3 SGD?).

Salmon Don
 Their Salmon Don comes with perfectly cuts of raw salmon, little ikura (fish roe) on a bed of healthy sushi rice. Their salmon is fresh and one word - Oishii.



Chirashi Don
 If you love premium sashimi, you gotta try their signature Tanuki Raw Chirashi Don. You can get all your beloved sashimi in one bowl. Be prepared to feast on premium cuts such as tuna, salmon, seabream, swordfish, scallop and salmon roe on a bed of sushi rice.

I'm lovin this place. Must thanks my bff for this lovely lunch. The next time you're dropping by Orchard road; be sure to visit this place! The nearest MRT station is Somerset which is connected to Orchard Central mall.


 Healthy, delicious yet affordable lunch at Orchard road ~ only at Tanuki Bar.


Tanuki Raw
181 Orchard Road
#02-03 Orchard Central
Singapore 238896

Nearest MRT station: Somerset

No comments: