Saturday, May 16, 2015

Go Thai, SS2

Have you heard about the famous restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine in SS2, Petaling Jaya? I'm talking about Go Thai in SS2! After hearing so much positive feedback from my friends, I was there last week to check it out with my pig.


The food concept is about the same as its competitor; Frame Thai in Happy Mansion. They practically sold almost the same type of food - Thai Street Food but Go Thai's interior is cleaner and more organized. In terms of menu, Go Thai has a very limited food choices on its menu. Hopefully, they will  introduce more food options soon.

Here's Go Thai's full menu with 3 types of rice dishes and 3 types of noodles dishes as well as some snacks and a soup option.

Or you can add some fiber to your meal through some Thai salad - 3 options available on the menu.


Here it comes. Dinner is served within 10 minutes after we ordered. My partner had his Classic Thai Chang Beer as his starter :) Quite expensive though at RM9/can but it's good enough to be his starter before the mains. hehe.


I had my Fresh Lime Juice (RM5) which is good enough to quench my thirst after a long day.


We had this Som Tum (RM8) as our starter. It's the classic papaya salad made from unripe papaya with Thai dried prawns,long beans, tomatoes, shredded carrots, peanuts and lots of chilli. I think it will taste better if the shredded papaya is cut into thinner size. And it's not so spicy compared with other Som Tum which I had tasted before. Perhaps it needs to be a little more spicy? It's a personal preference though.


We love this Moo Ping (RM10/3pcs) very much. It's charcoal grilled pork and it taste much better than our bak kwa! Perfect as a snack or as a side to your mains. I want more of this!!


For mains, we had this Khao Kha Moo (RM10) - Stewed pork leg with rice and egg. I was looking forward to this dish but I think I set my expectation too high. While the pork is flavorful and delicious, there's not enough stewed gravy to go with my rice. Somehow, I was missing Frame Thai's version while I was having this.


We also tried the Phad Graprow Moo (RM9) - minced pork with chili and Thai basil leaves served with fried egg and rice. Taste ok and surprisingly good! The portion of pork with its greens are just right and goes well with my rice.

When you had Thai cuisine, Tom Yum soup is a must-have. In Go Thai, you only have one type of soup to choose from; the Tom Yum Seafood Soup (RM13). They are very generous with their ingredients in the soup. Since it's a seafood tom yum; there's lots of squids and prawns in it. I think I had more than 3 prawns from this soup :) Best to consume it while it's still hot.

Looking at our bill, there's no extra charge of 6% GST and 10% service charge on top of food price which is a good thing! Happy dining at Go Thai, SS2.










Go Thai
187, Jalan SS2/24,
Petaling jaya, 47300,
Selangor.



No comments: